Sunday, August 22, 2010

2010 TATUR Mud Run

Saturday was going to be a long day for me. I woke up at 6:30, after going to bed at around 1am. My walking club, The Tulsa Walking Club, had a walk at Oxley Nature Center, starting at 7am. I was supposed to meet two friends that are members, and walk the 5K with them. Both of them texted me, they wasn't coming. Before you walk, you have a choice to walk a 5K or 10K. Since I was going to walk by myself, I decided to walk the 10K. It was a great walk. I love Oxley anyway. The place is so peaceful.
I started walking at 8am, finished between 9:30 and 9:45. I don't know exactly, because I set around talking to some other members for a while. I went to a close QuikTrip to get a drink.

At 10:30, I went on a Butterfly Walk, put on by a naturalist from Oxley. It lasted until around 12:30. We didn't walk to far, but we were out in the sun the whole time. When I got in my truck, the temp gauge showed 98 deg. Karla, Sarah, and I went to Panera Bread to eat lunch. I was starving! I had a donut to eat for breakfast. I ate some kind of turkey sandwich, or something like that. It was only my second time eating at Panera, both times were with Karla. Anyway, we were trying to figure out what to do the rest of the day. Karla went home. Sarah and I went phone and clothes shopping for her.

She was going to run in the TATUR Mud Run. I was going to watch! There was going to be other people from a meetup group I joined. Sarah and I got there, late, so she signed up for the 7:30 run. We had to wait around for two hours. Glen, Faith, Neecie, and Sue was already there. As I said before, I had planned on just watching. I didn't bring extra clothes. Well, I brought a shirt. I didn't bring extra shorts. Anyway, while Sarah and Glen was signing up, they were trying to talk me into signing up too. I said no, and we went back and sat down to watch the races until it was their turn.
We sat right by the big slide. They slid down the slide into a big mud pit. It looked so fun. Almost 45 minutes before their race, I did it. I told Sarah to go to my truck and get my shoes, and I went to sign up.

I am so glad I did. It was so fun. I don't think I have ever been that muddy. Now I had to think of a way to get home without getting my truck all muddy. I had a hand towel I sat on. It wasn't to bad. I stopped by Target, got some shorts and underwear, remember, I didn't bring any extra clothes. I changed at Sarah's. We went to eat, we were both starving, and I took her home and I came home and went right to bed! I was soooo tired.
To see pictures, Click here.

No comments: